Problems We Address
January 4, 2011
WOMEN In Need received a number of visitors in 2010, who travelled to Nagpur to see our work first-hand:
1. Medical students Fiona and Tazmin, saw for themselves, the many problems encountered by Indian women.
2. Sheila Bailey and Anne Geldard met some of the women of Pillinaddi slum in Nagpur.
3. Priya Kumar is Women In Need's youngest visitor, who presented a bicycle to one of our ladies. She also helped establish a rapport with a mentally ill woman on the streets.
4. Volunteers from the Tsubo Saka Foundation in Japan, visited WIN's shelter at Dattapur, Wardha.
5. Tony Smith opened refurbished wards at Dattapur.
6. Sandra Wismayher from Malta specialises in psychiatric care in the community and offered Women In Need her expertise.
WOMEN IN NEED Celebrating the Festival of Colour, “Holi”
March 23, 2016
Discrimination Against People Living with HIV and AIDS Programme
March 16, 2016
Hospitaller Chev Paul Warren Receives the Manohar Diwan Award
Swami Vivekanand College of Social Work sends MSW students to Women in Need
October 28, 2019
iBreastExam – Screening women in the village of Talegeao– 105 women examined / 4 abnormalities detected, requiring further investigation
September 4, 2019
10 years of coffee mornings generates £25,000 for WIN
July 22, 2019
The Jewel of Satpura Cycle Challenge 2020. Come & join us!
June 17, 2019
Indian women are abandoned because of mental illness
May 23, 2019